What is this medicine?
Scarend is the most effective topical Silicone Gel, used to help get rid of scars in recently healed wounds and also reduce current almost formed scars. After clinical trials, this gel has proven to smooth, flatten and reduce scars, it prevents itching, pain and discomfort associated with scars.
How Scarend Works?
The mode of action of silicone based gels in scar management has not been completely investigated.
Stilll there are some perceptible benefits from silicone composed agents during usage of them on scars :
- Dries up fast, is easy to use
- Has no color
- It may be used for children and patients with larger scars or someone who has experienced a skin graft operation or suffered from a burn
- Supports the moisture balance of the skin
- Serves as an elastic bareer on the damaged skin
- May be aplied on both: the face and joints
- You can put some Make-up over Scarend Gel to cover the scar
How to use Scarend Silicone Gel
Scarend is simply applied to most areas of the body, either face or joints. It is released in a 10g tube and can be ordered with or without a prescription. It is recommened to use the Gel twice a day:
Step 1 Clean up the area that needs treatment with mild soap and water and dry it.
Step 2 Cut the tip of the tube. Apply a very thin coat of Scarend Gel to the scar as soon as possible and rub it in gently.
Step 3 Allow it to dry for 4 – 5 minutes. If the gel has not dried, remove the excess product.
Do not apply this product onto open wounds, situated on mucous membranes or pretty close to your eyes, inside the nose, throat.
- Scarend should not be applied over antibiotic or steroid, anti-inflammatory topical remedies or other skin care products.
- Scarend Gel leaves spots on clothes if it's not completely dry.
- Do not use Scarend until you have cleaned and dried up the skin.
- If you have rush, spasms or itching, stop using the gel and contact your physician.
- The Gel is designed for external use only.